Gluten free food is perhaps on every healthy mom’s hit list. Eliminating gluten from the diet doesn’t mean forgoing flavor. Most celeb moms and health conscious cookies swear by gluten-free diet, which also act as a fine detox miracle.
Gluten is a protein found in common grains such as wheat, barley, and rye. Gluten is a gluey protein found primarily in bread, pastas, cereals, and desserts, which is also a vital ingredient in most baked goods as it creates fluffy food/desserts and binds doughs giving a moist texture.
Moms, did you know why people have taken to gluten free? This is because food with gluten can lead to severe digestive issues and may lead to diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and intestinal cancers. Going by the trend, we have got a few gluten free desserts for our dessert-arians.
Chef Jia Singh gives us some sinfully healthy recipes-
- Healthy P&B cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Grind peanuts in a processor until smooth. Add all the ingredients into the processor and pulse until smooth.
- Remove the dough from the processor and refrigerate to cool for a bit.
- Remove from the fridge, roll into balls and bake for 20 minutes or until brown
- These cookies make for great mid meal snacks and are great with your daily cuppa.
Try and substitute the brown sugar for splenda and you can enjoy this treat sans guilt.
- Gluten free brownies
- Sift the coconut flour and cocoa powder until they are well blended
- Preheat the oven to 180 c
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients (eggs, honey, butter and vanilla)
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients with a mixture until the batter is smooth and free from lumps
- Line a baking pan with parchment and add the batter onto the pan
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Do a toothpick test
- Cool the brownies and enjoy. They can be had with homemade ice cream or with a handful of nuts and some fresh cream.
- DIY energy balls
Mix all the ingredients, pulse through a processor. Shape into balls and put them in the fridge to shape up and chill. Pull them out right after a gruelling workout.