What to pack in tiffin for the lil munchkins? This question perhaps crosses every mom’s mind each morning. Kid’s lunchbox should be tasty, nutritious and be a treat. Whether you are packing for kids camp, picnic or day out we have got you sorted! We are sharing a collection of few kids tiffin recipes which are easy to prepare and healthy too.
Chef Armando de Filippo, Chef de Cuisine – Italian, Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore gives us the following decadent recipe.
- Classic Macaroni Pasta Salad
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
- Arincini Balls
- Firstly, sauté onions on low flame, add white wine and risotto rice into it. Cook it for a while. Add little water and salt n pepper and cook till perfection. Then, mix harissa sauce.
- Let it cool for some time and then, make balls while stuffing it with nacho cheese.
- Make batter of egg and flour. Marinate the risotto ball in the batter and then in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add 2 or 3 of the breaded arancini to the pot and deep fry them until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Make sure rice is not too soft but firm to make balls. Serve it with sauce.
- Paneer Patty Burger with homemade Tartar sauce and baked potato chips
- Let’s start with baked potato chips, first we need to preheat our oven at 250 degrees for minimum 10 minutes.
- Peel and Chop the potatoes in a way sort of similar to French fries.
- Blanch them in the boiling water for 3-4 minutes, drain it, and then sprinkle salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, mix it properly, so that they get nicely coated with everything.
- In a roasting tray, drizzle I tbsp. of oil, spread the potato nicely and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Now prepare the Tartar sauce, In a blender add the mayonnaise, gherkins, parsley, lime juice, salt and pepper, blend it properly, Tartar sauce is ready.
- Now in a big bowl, take 2tbsp. of maida and add around 2-3 tbsp. of water, whisk to make a batter of coating consistency.
- Spread the rest of the flour in a flat plate and season properly, mix it properly. Also season the eggs and give it a good whisk.
- Now in a flat plate mix the breadcrumbs and dill. Switch on the pan, drizzle some oil on it.
- First rub the paneer block into flour, shake off any extra flour, now dip in the coating batter and then breadcrumb it, and then gently place it on the pan. Sear it on the pan 3-4 minutes each side.
- Now on a pan, drizzle some Olive oil, and toast the burger buns.
- To assemble the burger, spread tartar sauces on the lower bun and place paneer patty, one or two, whatever you like, now again spread some tartar sauce, and place the top bun. Burger is ready.
- To check whether potato chips are done or not, prick one chip with a spoon if it penetrates easily, then it’s done.
Serve the hot burger with hot baked potato chips.