Giving birth to a child gives birth to a mother and that is the most beautiful birth of in the world – birth of the mother and the child. But pregnancy is not a walk in the park. It is difficult for some, gaining weight, food cravings and so on. Losing that pregnancy fat becomes an issue for most new mommies. Many argue that breastfeeding the child helps mother lose weight and some say it doesn’t. Both are actually right.
Breastfeeding does burn a lot of calories but on the other hand it also increases hunger pangs in the women. They eat more and also satisfy their hunger with carbohydrates rich food. There goes the weight loss down the drain.
Certain factors hinder your weight loss efforts post-delivery. You cannot diet, you cannot take medicines to reduce the fat, you cannot do heavy exercises nor can you decrease your food intake as all these factors will have an adverse effect on your baby and your health.
So now you’d want to know what to do..? How to lose the post pregnancy weight??? Is there any way without harming the baby???
Here we will tell you 6 tips by following which you can effectively lose weight without effecting your milk quality and quantity.
- Do not starve yourself. Know that a lactating mom needs about 1400 calories to produce milk to feed her baby. So keep in mind to eat properly and also eat healthy. Have protein and fibre rich diet and avoid fattening food such as oily food, butter and too many carbohydrates in your diet. Also eat at regular intervals.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Mothers’ milk is mostly water. So it is essential for the mother to keep herself hydrated all the time. Drinking water, soups, juices and other fluids will help in maintaining the fluid requirement in your body.
- Mild exercises. After the baby is almost two months old, simple and mild exercises help in reducing the pregnancy fat. Consulting a doctor before starting any form of exercises is mandatory for the mothers so that it does not have an adverse effect on the body. Exercising also helps in reducing stress in the lactating mothers.
- Get enough sleep. Weight loss is directly correlated to lack of sleep. So new mommies who are deprived of proper sleep, it is very much essential that you get proper sleep in order for you to lose weight. Compensate your night sleep during the day time when your baby naps. Not sleeping properly puts a burden on the mental balance of the body and leads to more fat accumulation.
- Slow and steady. Do not look to lose weight immediately after you have given birth. Pregnancy is a big change in your life and also for your body. Give your body some time to get back to pre-pregnancy form. Set realistic goals. If you try to lose weight immediately by going on crash diets, or starving yourself or depriving your body of the essential nutrients, it will affect the baby and ultimately your overall health.
- Do not stress. Stress in any form is bad for you and your baby. Babies have a sixth sense of sensing the stress in their mothers. This will lead to the slow development of your baby. So do not stress over losing weight. Let it be a gradual process.
Motherhood is the best phase of a woman’s life and breastfeeding connects the baby and the mother emotionally. Enjoy this beautiful phase and don’t let weight loss hinder the bond that is just budding.