Remember the converse shoes that you used to wear in the P.T period, the strawberry shaped berets that you wore on annual days and the sporty denim dungarees you wore when you went out to play. All these trends have one thing in common – they are all inspired from kid’s clothing. Yes, all these attires were initially designed for kids, which is why they are not only adorable to look at but also super comfy. Here’s a list of all the trends that have been inspired from kid’s clothing.
1. Pedal Pushers – These were originally designed for kids who loved to cycle, which is why they are called pedal pushers. These calf-length trousers, popularly known as capris gained popularity amongst adults for their cool and sporty appeal.
2. Frocks – Remember, how this super girly attire was a big hit at almost all birthday parties .Almost every girl had at least one frock in her wardrobe which gave out a doll like appeal. As times passed by, this trend caught the fancy of young girls in many ways, be it adorning it at proms or as staple bridesmaid attire.
3. Dungarees – This metrosexual attire is a perfect example of classic. It was initially designed for babies to keep the pants in place. However, this trend gained massive popularity, especially in the 90’s. Ever since, dungarees became popular amongst everyone from men and women, to even kids and the elderly.
4. Converses – Here’s a trend that literally originated from school uniforms. These sport shoes have been a popular choice of almost everyone, irrespective of age or gender. These days bright and neon coloured converses are reining the shoe business.
5. Pigtails – As stylish as it might seem now, this hairdo was hated by most of us when it was made compulsory in schools to ensure uniformity. Over a period of time this quirky hairdo gained momentum within adults and is often spotted on runways.
6. Playsuits – This one piece stretchy garment was designed to cover the legs and arms of babies to protect their sensitive skin but it was modified by young girls and soon became a famous beach outfit.
7. Hairbands – This hair accessory was designed for kids to keep their hair neat but was adopted by many adults to give out a cute, baby like appeal. This trend has also been adopted by young men.
The next time you admire any baby’s clothes, don’t feel bad about being too big to fit in them, for all you know, your wardrobe has evolved from their clothes itself.